Sunday, May 06, 2007

Random Notes in May

As it is over a month since I last posted, and I have nothing substantive to say, I thought I would make a few random notes to keep updated.

I discovered facebook yesterday and am very impressed. I have also been playing around with my website, I believe that the design to the "site in construction" page is somewhat improved!!

I am currently working on a series of Bible studies for international students. The series is entitled "Knowing God" and is based on a selection of Psalms. The course begins tomorrow, so if you're reading this and know God, please pray that some internationals would come. I may put the studies on my website eventually, but this is the outline of the course:

  • Psalm 19 - Knowing God
  • Psalm 139 - What is God Like? (1)
  • Psalms 23 and 13 - The Happiness of Knowing God
  • Psalm 33 - What is God Like? (2)
  • Psalm 49 - Money, Life and Death
  • Psalms 14 and 32 - Knowing God and Not Knowing God

Some interesting birdwatching recently: wheatears, yellow wagtail and redstart one day at Attenborough Nature Reserve. I saw/heard 8 different warblers on another day, including a grasshopper warbler, with its bizarre "muffled alarm clock" song. I also missed (according to the Nottinghamshire birdwatchers website) some bar-tailed godwits, a black-tailed godwit, a green sandpiper, arctic terns, an osprey, a crane, a spotted crake!!

I was given Pierced For Our Transgressions for Easter. I'm looking forward to reading it, although haven't had a chance to yet. I have noted, however, that there has been considerable debate about it, including a contribution from N.T.Wright: see also here and here.

My brother seems to have given up on his blog (!) but some of his music is on myspace. Go on, have a listen!

Timothy (21 months) can now hiss like a snake and roar like a lion!!

No comments: