Sunday, December 04, 2005

Taking the plunge, but for what purpose?

I hardly know at this stage where this blog is going to go. I feel it must have some purpose, something to contribute, yet at this stage I am not clear what. I suspect that for a few months, it will consist of rather sporadic, somewhat random entries, until I find my feet and have a clearer sense of direction. In that respect it is not unlike beginning to submerge oneself in a new literature, dipping one's toe into a new realm of enquiry, not quite sure where one is going to be taken.

At this stage, my idea is to use this blog to comment on things I have read; readings that have stimulated my mind in all kinds of directions. I shall be attempting to think and write as a Christian, but not only on areas which would be called 'religious'. Better put, since all of life is religious, :) I will be seeking to bring a Christian mind to bear on everything I possibly can!!

My particular areas of interests lie in things like geography and history, in theology and Biblical interpretation, in birdwatching and sport, in Spain, and more besides.

It is a rather strange to think that these random thoughts will be posted on a blog that could be read by anyone, or, more likely, no-one! Doubtless they will be lost in the virtual ether! But I am (potentially) publishing my thoughts to the world! What a scary thought. And yet, my innermost thoughts and feelings are already known. "Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account." (Hebrews 4:13)

No comments: